Financial Manager - Kämp Collection Hotels & Hotel Services Finland
Nordic Choice is a Nordic hotel group with more than 200 Hotels in 4 countries. In 2019, our turnover was more than EUR 1 billion and with more than 13,000 employees. Last year this changed due to the pandemic, but during 2021 we will be back at a similar level.
In Finland the business covers the Kämp Collection Hotels and Clarion hotels, in total 12 hotels with a combined turnover of EUR 120 million during 2019.
Now we are looking for a FINANCIAL MANAGER for Kämp Collection Hotels and Hotel Services Finland.
About the position
The position as Financial Manager entails total responsibility for leading and developing the accounting team in Finland. This means ensuring that all accounting processes and routines are followed and further developed. Over time you will build a team with 5-6 employees and you will be responsible for leading and supporting the team. You support complex accounting processes, and act as the professional resource to streamline and digitize the accounting function together with our Hotel Services in Norway.
As Financial Manager, you are responsible for high quality in all processes. A key task will be to help develop existing and new processes to increase the efficiency of both individual resources and teams. We are in the middle of implementation of a new ERP system in Sweden and Norway, and the road map for Finland is being worked on. The Finance manager will have an active role in the project, and it is expected that you initiate and drive the process improvement in the accounting function that will support a later roll out of the ERP system. The responsibility also includes ownership for the balance sheets, internal control and reporting.
You lead and support the team in their daily work and inspire and develop them. You have good skills in creating relationships that ensure a good collaboration with colleagues internally in the wider team, towards corporate finance and the hotels.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Overall responsible for the accounting function in Finland.
- Responsible for the department delivering accounts A to Z for all companies in Finland
- Overall responsibility of 3 finance controllers/accountants and outsourced accounting partner
- Period end reporting
- General ledger
- Travel expenses
- Investments and depreciation
- Reconciliation bank, balance sheet, VAT
- Collaboration with Business Control, Consolidated Accounts and Hotel Directors
- Annual settlement
- Ensure internal control and minimize risk in processes and routines
- Contact person for trade registry, statistics and tax authorities
- Assist in the implementation of new systems and ownership of effect of implementations to accounting systems and procedures
- Actively initiate and contribute to further developing processes and routines
- Lead defined improvement and efficiency projects in SSC
The position as Financial Manager in Finland reports to Director of SSC Finance with a dotted line to the Senior Business Performance Manager, Finland.
We are looking for someone with more than 5 years’ experience as a Financial, preferably in Nordic companies. You have extensive experience within the accounting space from A to Z. Leadership experience is preferred and you are triggered by working in a fast-moving environment. You have experience from process improvement and system implementation or other IT related improvement work. As a person, you have drive, take initiative and have a good ability to plan and organize. You have excellent communication skills, are analytical, process-oriented with an eye for detail.
Qualifications for the position
- Education in economics from university
- Experience and professional competence in accounting A to Z.
- Leadership competence, good collaboration skills and experience as a leader
- Preferably experience from other Nordic groups with subsidiary reporting
- Good implementation ability
- Good Finnish and English skills, both written and oral
- Desire for development, change and improvement of the accounting function
- Experience from accounting, preferably hotels and Nordic accounting rules
- Experience with company structures (P&L / BS ) and intercompany business
- Personal qualifications
- Good collaboration skills
- Motivating leader, team player who gets people involved
- Enterprising and self-driven
- Results-oriented and structured
- A varied and challenging job
- Active and good working environment
- Good benefits for employees
- Competitive conditions
Are you interested about the position? Please submit your application here as soon as possible - but no later than June 27, 2021.
If you would like to discuss the role, please be in contact with Senior Business Performance Manager, Finland Tom Lindström 4.6.2021 between 12-14 or 11.6.2021 between 12-14 by phone +358 40 570 6995.